Last updated on April 4th, 2019
Today Yottaa announced the newest release of our eCommerce Acceleration Platform. We are excited about this release, as it leverages our deep knowledge of eCommerce technologies to create faster, more secure, and more profitable online experiences for our customers. This is another step in our push to become the hub where online brands can analyze, optimize and control the performance of all page elements within the online shopping experience.
Here’s what Yottaa just announced:
1. Anomaly AI: Anomaly Detection and Resolution
Yottaa has applied machine learning to improve how we detect performance anomalies with a new capability called “Anomaly AI.” Anomaly AI improves the speed and accuracy of detecting performance anomalies over time. Online brands that use Anomaly AI will experience a lower incidence of page load delays that hurt online sales. Here’s how it works:
a. Faster Detection, Fewer False Alarms
First, Anomaly AI sets performance thresholds to the behavior of your website pages based on their historical performance. If a threshold is consistently exceeded (revealing unusual performance behavior), you likely have a problem. As more data is collected about the performance of your pages over time, machine learning algorithms readjust the thresholds to make them more accurate. In other words, the longer a site operates on the Yottaa platform, the better it becomes at detecting performance problems.
The result? Faster and more accurate detection of performance errors (i.e. faster mean time to detection). It also means you’ll be chasing fewer alerts that are triggered by false positives.
b. Faster Resolution
Once performance thresholds are consistently exceeded, Anomaly AI alerts you that an optimization is needed. Anomaly AI may also recommend specific optimization techniques based on the nature of the performance violation. Alerts are sent on any metric Yottaa collects, including:
– 3rd party delays or outages
– Image placement & sizing errors
– Traffic errors and response codes
– Security and BOT threats
This release includes Slack integration, which allows Anomaly AI to also send alerts through the Slack messaging platform. Slack alerts tend to generate faster response times to critical performance issues, and reduce mean time to resolution.
2. 3rd Party Knowledgebase
3rd party technologies present a significant performance challenge. The average eCommerce site today uses over 40 3rd party technologies to deliver website content and features, requiring almost 300 calls to 100+ servers to load a single page. It’s no surprise that they are responsible for as much as 75% of a page’s load time.
Shoppers will start leaving the site if a page doesn’t load in 3 seconds, so addressing 3rd party delays has become a top priority for online brands focused on performance. The Yottaa 3rd Party Knowledgebase gives you the data to tackle this problem.
Industry Wide Visibility into 3rd Party Performance
The 3rd Party Knowledgebase is the aggregation of performance data from over 1500 websites and covering more than 900 3rd party technologies. It gives you visibility into the performance of each 3rd party across hundreds of attributes – device type, browser, geography, category of website, page placement, etc. Here is a small sampling of the what’s collected for each 3rd party:
– Functionality category (e.g. ad tech, personalization, etc.)
– Installation method
– Frequency of violations (i.e. performance errors)
– Average load time variability
– Average total load time for all calls and content
– Performance Impact Rating (How a 3rd party impacts page load times)
Increased Power Over 3rd Party Technologies
Online brands can now compare 3rd parties on their website with performance data from the larger eCommerce community. They can even compare data within a specific category of websites. Using this data, online brands can:
1. Find the best implementation method for a 3rd party technology
2. Find the best optimization approach
3. Identify 3rd party SLA issues
4. Compare the performance impact of similar 3rd party vendors
Even if you’re not a Yottaa customer, you can still benefit from our 3rd Party Knowledgebase. You can download the 2018 eCommerce 3rd Party Technology Index to learn which eCommerce technologies are most widely adopted, and which technologies have the biggest impact on your site performance.
3. Bot Detection & Mitigation
Fewer bots will tie up your resources and interrupt the shopping experience thanks to new bot detection and mitigation capabilities from PerimeterX, the market leader in bot protection. Benefits include:
– Faster Detection and Edge Protection: Advanced tools residing on the Yottaa network identify and block malicious bot traffic before it disrupts the shopping experience for legitimate visitors
– Invisible to Shoppers: Sometimes web security systems can incorrectly identify your legitimate shoppers as a bot. PerimeterX applies advanced methods to immediately identify and resolve “false positives” so no shoppers are turned away.
– Real Time Threat Monitoring: Yottaa customers can monitor incidents, manage bot traffic, and adjust security rules in real-time on the PerimeterX dashboard
4. Advanced Visualization of Site Performance
This release integrates Grafana into the performance analytics capabilities of the Yottaa platform. Grafana is the market leading open platform for data monitoring and analytics, and allows Yottaa to quickly create graphical visualizations that summarize key findings from performance and 3rd Party Knowledgebase information. As the data captured by the Yottaa platform grows over time, we believe it’s critical to make present this data in meaningful and actionable ways so our customers can continually improve their site performance.
5. Open API: Expanding the Value of Yottaa
The integrations described above are made possible by our continued investment in the Yottaa Open API. The documented Yottaa API lets our leverage Yottaa functionality and data in unique ways, as use cases and technologies change. Examples include:
– Accessing the Yottaa Image API to deliver compressed images to Single Page Apps.
– Extracting data for use in your own analytics and dashboard solution.
– Grafana, PerimeterX and Slack integrations from the most recent release.
Yottaa: Analyze, Optimize and Control Performance
Yottaa’s recent release gives online brands a great deal to be excited about. The 3rd Party Knowledgebase and Grafana integration is an important step in giving retailers complete visibility into how every page element is impacting site performance. Our advanced performance capabilities (Anomaly AI, Bot Detection, etc.) use that data to detect and resolve performance problems before shoppers ever experience them. Together, they make online brands better at detecting and resolving errors, which means even faster pages and higher conversion rates over time.
Our aim of building a hub where retailers can analyze, optimize and control all elements of your shopping experience is becoming a reality. Look for more great things from Yottaa in the months ahead!
The post AI Fuels Faster eCommerce Websites in Latest Product Release appeared first on Yottaa.