Speed of the eCommerce Web: A Performance Study of the IR500
FIND OUT WHAT ENGAGES USERS & DRIVES ECOMMERCE APPLICATION PERFORMANCE AND REVENUE
This report quantitatively examines how large eCommerce sites have succeeded and failed in their effort to create fast, engaging websites that convert visitors into happy customers.
Yottaa conducted a performance test of all companies in the 2012 edition of the IR 500, a list of the top US eCommerce companies ranked by annual sales -- over 1,000 URLs.
The tests were run using real browsers across 16 locations on five continents, capturing the entire page loading sequence of each site. 80 samples total were collected per site.
The 22-page report covers:
- Deep data on the correlations between performance and factors like platform, hosting provider, CDN, industry sector, merchant type, and revenue
- How on-page content (images, assets, etc.) relates to overall performance
- IR 500 site performance vs. the rest of the web
- How segments within the IR 500 compare to one another
- 20 fastest & slowest sites in the IR 500